Friday 14 November 2014

Style in the City - 40 and Glamorous!

Normally Style in the City is about some fabulous designer, boutique or clothing range. Always something fashion related discovered in the city I'm in at the time...things I love and think will be worth sharing...but this week I want to share some snippets of my birthday with you...just a small glimpse of me...
November is my month...the month I turn 40! I have no idea what 40 is supposed to look like...what 40 should feel like or how 40 dresses??? 
My birthday champagne breakfast at Cafe Mozart - Cape Town
Instead I'm just me! I like the way I look...I'm happy...incredibly blessed and fortunate with two beautiful babies, married to my best friend and the absolute love of my life, surrounded by family and friends and in the process of moving to Abu Dhabi...plus I have a wardrobe filled with fabulous shoes and accessories, so life is great! 40 is the new 30 right???
What I was wearing the morning of my birthday 
My Chanel birthday cake
My 30's was a great decade! The highlights included meeting and marrying my love...our two gorgeous kiddies, working for Emirates Airlines and travelling the world making lifelong friends along the way, having the opportunity to live not only in Dubai for 10 years, but also Doha (Qatar), Brisbane (Australia) and now back to the Middle East (Abu Dhabi)!
My surprise birthday lunch at Cafe Paridisio - Cape Town
These are just a few personal moments of how I celebrated the start of this new decade in my life...surrounded by love! It was perfect...a decade I'm planning to live with love, happiness, lots of fun and a great wardrobe!
Birthday dinner with my husband at Baltazar Cape Town Waterfront

Some of my birthday gifts and my daughter
More birthday gifts
Cheers to at least another 40 years...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day - and given you are moving to AD, I think how you dress is not dictated by age, but where you are...lots of long flowing dresses, I'm guessing, for heat and sand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree...fashion has no age! It's how you feel and what you love...the Middle East is one of the most fashionable and stylish regions in the world and I'm excited!

      Delete